Studs and Duds

I’m so tempted to write this post about ex-boyfriends. 

But no… I’ll play nice and stick with talking about scrappy stuff! 

Five Things I Can’t Believe I Scrapped Without:

1. The ATG gun.  I love, love, love never having to run out and buy adhesive.  I love how it adheres *everything*.  I love that it doesn’t get lost on my desk.  I love pretty much everything about it!

2. American Crafts 12 x 12 D-Ring albums.  I switched to these from post bound cheapies and I wish I had done it sooner.  Yes, you have a gap between pages but I never scrap two-pagers anyway.  And the ability to switch the pages around without taking apart the entire album… it’s a good thing!

3. The Making Memories trimmer.  It’s heavy but this baby works sooooo well.  I always have straight cuts and I never have to change the blade because it is self sharpening.  I also love that it folds in half so it doesn’t take up all of my desk.

4. Photoshop.  I use Photoshop CS4.  I’ve never really used Elements much because I don’t like being limited… I want all the bells and whistles and that is exactly what Photoshop gives me!  There is a reason why they are the clear leader in the industry. 

5. The Uniball Signo white pen.  There is NO better white pen.  I have tried eleventy billion of them and none have the opacity and glide of this one! 

 

Five Things I Can’t Believe I Spent My Money On

1. The Fiskars texture plates.  You know when you’re in the early stages of a hobby and you just buy everything that’s on sale? Yeah.  Lesson learned!  These were horrible. 

2. The Epic 6.  It looked so promising.  And honestly it worked just great… until it completely broke and their customer service refused to do anything about it.  FAIL!  It is now a ridiculously heavy paper weight. 

3. The Sew Mini.  I know, I know… they were basically giving these things away and you get what you pay for, right?  Talk about a piece of junk.  I am embarrassed I fell for this one.

4. Stacks of paper.  It took me a long time to learn this one.  No matter how much I love a particular line of paper there is NO WAY I will use an entire stack/pad of it!  Just say no.  Back away from the stacks!

5. Printed ribbons.  It’s not that these are awful or anything… they’re just not my bag, baby.  Somehow I ended up with tons of ribbons printed on one side with patterns or words and I never, ever use them.  If I use patterned ribbons they have to be double sided.  Oh well, live and learn!

 

So those are my lists.  What about you?  What do you think every scrapper  NEEDS to have?  What would you suggest we run far, far away from??

2 comments:

LyndaKay said...

The good: Love my tiny Fiskars scissors for fussy cuts on patterned paper. Eight years old and still super sharp!
The bad: I was an eyelet hoarder early on. Now, I never use them. Maybe I could fill a gourd and make maracas!!
The ugly: A little notebook full of stickopotamus sticker sheets. What was I thinking?

Sarah said...

I agree with the ATG- best scrappy purchase evah!
My worst- the Scraparatus. Yes, that's it's real name. It punched these impossibly small dies and set eyelets with a spring-action handle that makes a ton of noise. Used maybe exactly once!